.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Teaching Philosophy Essay Example For Students

My Teaching Philosophy Essay I believe that teaching is one of the most important professions in the world today. From the very beginning, until present time, teaching has been around. The book of Genesis speaks of God walking and talking with Adam in The Garden of Eden, God was teaching Adam. I will be proud to, one day, be a part of this great calling. There are many reasons why I want to be a teacher. Starting with the most important, I want to influence children positively with Christian perspectives that will help them achieve satisfaction in their life. I also would like the opportunity to coach. I believe coaches have more influence on children than teachers. I think this is true because sports are something that the child participates in because he/she chooses. For that reason, coaches are usually well respected by their athletes. Another reason I want to teach is for the opportunity to meet people. Teachers and coaches both have a great influence on children’s lives. I want to be a positive influence while helping prepare children for their future role in society. My father was a teacher and coach for many years and I am amazed at the lives he has touched. His students love him, even after not seeing him for years they remember the little sayings and quirks he said in the classroom. My father cared about the students, and he had a respect and trust for them all. Sometimes they didn’t deserve such trust, but I think the trust he put in them caused them to want to live up to his expectations. If I can be half the teacher that he was, I will consider myself a success. In addition, I want to be a teacher that instills Christian principles in all my students. I plan on being a lifetime learner by attending seminars and conferences, staying abreast of new topics by reading professional journals, and watching and learning from other teachers. I have already started this process, because my friend, who recently graduated and is now teaching, told me that there is much that teachers must know that isn’t taught to us in college. I probe his mind, and read articles on the internet, look at teaching web sites, and I am always thinking of affective ways that I can teach people. I know that children learn in many different ways. Observing, experimenting, reading, and listening are a few of those many ways. I have learned that people learn best when the information is something that they are interested in. I am going to strive to make every lesson fun, and applicable to my students. I favor using many methods to teach, including lecturing, cooperative learning, project based instruction, and â€Å"hands-on† activities. I want the classroom to be a place that the students enjoy, not a boring place. I believe that every child has an innate hunger for learning and becoming successful. If I can harness their craving and aim it in the right direction, I believe I will be successful in helping these students achieve what they are looking for in life. Many people think that teachers are supposed to pass knowledge on to the next generation. This is great, but I intend to go further. I want to instill wisdom rather than just knowledge. Wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge. A student that understands formulas and tables can make it in this world, but I am hoping to give them the ability to apply what they know to every aspect of their life. They will make meaningful, thought out, and rational decisions in every area of their life. Education is a tool in which the things that have been discovered, proven, studied, and even theorized are passed on to the next group of people that will live on this earth. If we do not pass this on effectively, information can be lost forever and peoples’ lives will have been wasted. Education is also a way in which we prepare ourselves to compete with the economies and industries of other countries. It’s what keeps the United States a world power, if our schooling becomes lacking then our nation will become lacking as well. .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 , .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .postImageUrl , .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .centered-text-area { min-height: 80px; position: relative; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 , .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:hover , .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:visited , .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:active { border:0!important; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .clearfix:after { content: ""; display: table; clear: both; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 { display: block; transition: background-color 250ms; webkit-transition: background-color 250ms; width: 100%; opacity: 1; transition: opacity 250ms; webkit-transition: opacity 250ms; background-color: #95A5A6; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:active , .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:hover { opacity: 1; transition: opacity 250ms; webkit-transition: opacity 250ms; background-color: #2C3E50; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .centered-text-area { width: 100%; position: relative ; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .ctaText { border-bottom: 0 solid #fff; color: #2980B9; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-decoration: underline; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .postTitle { color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 600; margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 100%; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .ctaButton { background-color: #7F8C8D!important; color: #2980B9; border: none; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: none; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 26px; moz-border-radius: 3px; text-align: center; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: none; width: 80px; min-height: 80px; background: url(https://artscolumbia.org/wp-content/plugins/intelly-related-posts/assets/images/simple-arrow.png)no-repeat; position: absolute; right: 0; top: 0; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:hover .ctaButton { background-color: #34495E!important; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .centered-text { display: table; height: 80px; padding-left : 18px; top: 0; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192 .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192-content { display: table-cell; margin: 0; padding: 0; padding-right: 108px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%; } .u8125ed0b5f5e5583f570bfe1e2cdd192:after { content: ""; display: block; clear: both; } READ: A Letter To Cuba EssayI understand that it is my responsibility to teach all my students no matter whether they are fast, slow, gifted, or disabled. I must teach in a way that I can stimulate learning for everyone at the same time. I believe I can achieve this goal using a variety of teaching techniques and procedures simultaneously. The world is ever changing, therefore, I think that classroom material should be constantly changing also. The basics are an important foundation on which to start, including reading, writing, and arithmetic. Later on in school though, our students need to be taught the ability to keep up with the times. I do not advocate teaching specific skills, because they can certainly become obsolete very quickly. I think it is more important to teach the students how to teach themselves by using organization skills, researching abilities, and just giving them the love for wisdom that keeps them learning throughout their life. My philosophy is an eclectic type using an essentialist basis with a progressive structure. I will also incorporate perennialism and existentialism. For instance, I think that a knowledge of who one is, and why one is here has an important place in education. I also believe behaviorism is a big part of how we all learn, but it shouldn’t be the only philosophy used in the classroom. If it were, we would be on the same level with animals. I have had experiences with great and terrible teachers and coaches. I believe that the times I have spent with them will help guide me in my quest of becoming a great teacher. I know that I never want to be like some of these less effective teachers. I have observed what it takes to make an effective teacher effective and an ineffective teacher ineffective. I want to use what I have learned to influence the lives that may be influencing my children and grandchildren. I know that if I’m not excited about teaching, there is no way I can get my students excited about learning. My specialization of teaching is Health and Physical Education. I know that this is important now more than ever because the health of the United States people is declining fast. This is due, in part, to all the new technologies we have, which makes everything easier, e.g. children playing video games instead of sports, people sitting at computers for countless hours, and even the advances in transportation. An unhealthy person is actually impaired. They cannot perform the activities that a healthy person can perform easily. This hinders their way of living and causes much pain, discomfort, and even death. I want to help be a part of a more health conscience future for our young people. I am an advocate of school vouchers due mostly to the fact that I would like to teach in a private school. I attended a private Christian school for my entire schooling, and so did my 4 brothers. My parents paid for our tuition, then, by paying taxes, paid for other people’s children to go to school also. I do not think that is fair, therefore, I plan on supporting the voucher system for all the United States. My decision to become a teacher was a major crossroads in my life. It took me a long time to decide which way to go, and now I feel great about the decision I have made. I have thought and prayed, and now I KNOW that this is what I want to do. I don’t want to be another teacher that does the same old thing. I want to be the best teacher that my students ever have. I want to be remembered by them and hopefully have a great influence in helping develop successful, happy adults. I understand the amazing responsibility and pressure that is placed on teachers and I am prepared to work hard and take on this great challenge of shaping our future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment